WHAT IS MAP?
MAP stands for Meter Asset Providers: MAP Scheme is an approved regulation by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) that provides for the supply, installation and maintenance of end-user meters by other parties. The regulation is expected to fast track a closure of the metering gap in the Nigerian Electicity Supply Industry and encourage the development of independent competitive meter services in the electricity industry.
BENEFITS OF MAP
- Customers will have their premises metered within 10 days after payment confirmation
- Estimated bills will be eliminated
- Better energy management by customers
- Customers pay for what they consume
- Ultimate customer satisfaction
- Better synergy between Landlords and Tenants on purchase of meter
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
A single-phase meter costs N63,061.32 and a three-phase meter costs N117,910.69. These are all VAT inclusive
HOW TO APPLY FOR METER UNDER THE MAP SCHEME
The following are the steps to acquiring a meter under MAP Scheme:
1. Visit our Customer Care Office to obtain the Application form free of charge or go to our website on www.jedplc.com to fill the form and submit.
2. Site verification (Visit to the premises) by our meter technical team for pre-installation survey to ascertain the readiness and type of meter that would most appropriate (e.g single or three phase).
3. Our team will generate RRR showing meter amount to you via SMS/email for payment at any bank of your choice.
4. Get payment receipt from the bank and share details with us.
5. After payment confirmation, premises will be metered in 10 workings days.